Are you aware of your legal responsibility to have your HVAC system cleaned regularly as per Australian Standard A.S. 3666.2-2011? The Standard includes:
- MONTHLY inspection of building air intakes and outlets and cleaned where necessary.
- MONTHLY inspection of air filters and cleaned or replaced, where necessary.
- MONTHLY inspection of Coils and cleaned where necessary.
Mould and other pathogens are capable of polluting indoor air, causing serious sickness, and closing down buildings and businesses.
Who are Clean Air Filtration?
"I'm Darren Broderick, CEO of Clean Air Filtration. We have been cleaning the HVAC systems of Melbourne's biggest companies for 30 years. Our customers include Melbourne's biggest hospitals, aged care facilities, cafes, restaurants and manufacturing plants."
Clean Air Filtration has been supplying contract services to Cabrini Health for many years.
Over the years I have found them to be prompt, professional, thorough and efficient in all activities they have undertaken for Cabrini Health ...
Rafx Hamilton, Maintenance Manager
... Clean Air Filtration as a preferred supplier to complete all our critical hygiene refrigeration coil cleaning including HVAC, grill cleaning and ductwork for the last 6 years.
This work needs to be of an extremely high standard.
Lion Dairy and Drinks
Norm England, Reliability Engineering Leader
Clean Air Filtration has provided Qantas Domestic & International Terminal and Catering with excellent support in the areas of HVAC remediation services, air handling unit H/C coil cleaning, etc.
I can confidently recommend Clean Air Filtration Pty Ltd as a solid and reliable supplier, and experts in their field.
Qantas Domestic Terminal
Roy Allan Tiangco, Facilities Manager – Qantas
Our 4-Step HVAC Cleaning & Compliance Program
Air Quality Testing
HVAC Duct Cleaning & Filter Exchange / Replacement
Reporting & Recommendations
Can duct cleaning prevent COVID-19 spread?
The answer is YES!
Airflow that was designed to flow from a corridor into a room (negative pressure) can be periodically reversed if the room's air ducts are not clean. This can result in COVID-19 spread.
The consequences for a Facility Manager or Building Manager that have not complied with the Australian Standard are now extreme.
We have a plan for that:
Our reputation as Melbourne's "1-Stop Shop" for HVAC and Commercial Kitchen cleaning is built upon our 4 proven and battle-tested programs. We've been fine-tuning these programs for over 30 years:
1) HVAC & DUCT CLEANING COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
Australian Standard A.S. 3666.2-2011 outlines a minimum set of requirements for the cleaning of building HVAC systems including:
- Building air intakes and outlets shall be inspected monthly and cleaned where necessary.
Air filters shall be inspected monthly and cleaned or replaced, where necessary.
- Coils inspected monthly and cleaned where necessary.
3) INDOOR AIR QUALITY (IAQ) MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
In this new COVID-19 world it is often not enough just to meet relevant Australian standards. Our IAQ Program goes further and includes:
- Supply of premium Air Purifiers for all rooms in the building,
- Periodic ventilation and airflow Audits,
- UV light treatment to kill biofilm within the HVAC system ('Uber-Clean'),
- Periodic bacterial swabs & NATA Laboratory Testing of all relevant indoor 'sites'.
2) KITCHEN EXHAUST & CANOPY CLEANING COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
Australian Standard A.S. 1851-2005 outlines a set of requirements for the cleaning of commercial kitchen exhausts, filters, and canopies. including:
- Monthly inspections of grease filters,
- Monthly cleaning of grease filters as required,
- Monthly inspection of grease gutters,
- Annual cleaning of exhaust hood and exhaust plenum.
4) KITCHEN FILTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM
The Clean Air Filtration Services Filter Exchange Service is the most established and best-performing programs in Australia. Save money by replacing dirty filters with high performing recycled filters. It's also environmentally friendly. With over 25 years of experience, our patented filter exchange service uses a proven balance of chemicals to clean through to the filter core.
Industries We Service:
Risks associated with quarantine hotels have resulted in experts focusing on building ventilation, airflow, and HVAC cleaning. An airborne virus like COVID-19 will be carried from room to room
The stated objective of AS/NZS 3666.2:2011 is to assist Building & Facility Managers in the control of microorganisms in building systems. However, the emergence of COVID-19 has made this task more difficult.
This blog post explores the ways in which a virus can spread within a commercial building. In particular, it outlines the ways in which a company like Clean Air Filtration Services can minimise…
We clean air ducts belonging to commercial air conditioners and heating systems, ensuring that your buildings' ducts are free of dust, allergens and mould. Our service includes air testing, filter exchange and/or cleaning, as well as ensuring that you are compliant with the latest standards.
Our teams will examine your building, establish the best way to proceed, and upon completion of the job we will present you with a report detailing an overview of which contaminators or pollutants were discovered.
A breakdown of our general heating duct cleaning work is as follows:
- Find the source of contamination and remove pollutants from the ducting system.
- High-Efficiency Particulate Air Vacuuming of all associated returns, diffusers, exhaust fans, registers and return grills.
- Replacing or clean all grills and damaged filters.
- Provide access hatches if needed.
- Clean heating cooling coils.
- Check the airflow of the system.
- Deodorise and sanitize.
- Ducted heating cleaning using proper hygienic measures.
- Seal outlet registers with media, clean plenum chambers and fans.
Duct cleaning will also improve airflow throughout the building.
If more air is removed through the exhaust than what is supplied through the supply, the room will have negative air pressure. That balance can change, and can even be reversed if air ducts are not cleaned properly.
Duct cleaning in action:
CALL (03) 9303 9661
& Book A NO OBLIGATION Site Visit
Or click the button below to book a phone meeting